Dismantling & Assembly
View the instructions below or click the button to the right to download the PDF version.
Care & Cleaning
View the instructions below. Contact your local sales representative or our customer service team if you have any additional questions.
SCOOP BINS & ACCESSORIES
Durapod bins are made to meet the highest Food Grade standards to comply with NSF/ANSI 2 certification requirements.
- Frequency of Cleaning – How frequently you disassemble and thoroughly clean the bins will depend on applicable requirements by the local jurisdictional authorities, your Company cleaning policies, and/or the nature of the product in the bin.
- Scoops and tongs should be replaced with sanitized units daily. These pieces can be run through the dish machine.
- Bins – At a minimum we recommend wiping the top and front of the scoop bins daily with a mild cleaning solution using a non-abrasive cloth to remove fingerprints. Sticky residue will require that the unit be thoroughly washed. Some jurisdictions may require that the bin tops and fronts be wiped with an antibacterial throughout the day. Consult with the local / regional jurisdiction as to their recommendations/requirements.
- Cleaning Process – Disassemble the bin as shown on the “Durapod Scoop Bin Assembly Instructions” sheet found on the website, making sure to place the self-closing mechanism to the side. The self-closing mechanism should not be submerged in water as this could result in it malfunctioning.
Durapod Bins are manufactured from BPA FREE Co-polyester (does not include bases), being more sscratch resistant and with a higher heat resistance than polycarbonate or other less robust materials. Co-polyester has been tested and proved safe at 185° Fahrenheit / 85° Celsius using approved detergents & sanitizers, with no evidence of cracking or crazing for up to 500 dishwashing cycles. However, using the dish machine may adversely affect the appearance of the bin after repeated washings. Our recommendation is to wash the bin in warm water with a soft cloth and a mild detergent. Use of caustic cleaning solutions and/or scouring pads will irreparably damage the units and void the warranty.
- Reassembly – Once cleaned and dried, follow the Durapod Scoop Bin Dismantling & Assembly Instructions sheet.
Many Durapod customers set up a bin rotation schedule to ensure that all bins are thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis. Keeping a few extra bins on hand will allow you to rotate the bins without negatively impacting the number of SKU’s available to your customers while bins are being cleaned.
Some parts will wear out over time due to normal wear and tear. To determine the appropriate part number, go to our PARTS page and review the bin blow-up drawing specific to the model for which parts are needed.. Part numbers are noted on the drawing. Contact your local representative or email@example.com to obtain a quote.
Ready to start your project?
Use the contact form below to send us a message. One of our representatives will follow-up as soon as possible.